Dog age in human years
Age is relative.
In the same way as with humans, you should always bear this in mind when talking about age. That is because the actual age is not always equivalent to the biological age. Lifestyle habits, predispositions and the way of life therefore only permit estimates of the actual age to be made. To discover how old your dog is in human years, just use our conversion table: This is your dog's age in human years >
When is a dog a senior?
- Small breeds: from approx. 8 years and older
- Medium-sized breeds: from approx. 7 years and older
- Large breeds: from approx. 6 years and older
What are the signs of "age" in dogs?
- Reduced flexibility
- Greater susceptibility to disease
- Cell damage, accumulation of “waste substances”
- Restricted immune reaction
- Functional restriction of different organ systems
- Reduced physical activity
- Higher body fat content
- Changes in the hormone system
These lead to the typical and most frequent age-related illnesses in dogs:
- Chronic kidney weakness
- Heart failure
- Weight loss
|Body weight of dog in Kg||2 - 10||11 - 25||26 - 40||> 40|
|Age of the dog||Age of person in years|
We are here for you! If you have any requests, questions or suggestions, please contact us in confidence.
Are you looking for a dealer in your area or would you like free feeding advice?
We are on hand for help and advice. Simply contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.